Learning about how we use our emotions and experiences to cope in stressful situations can help to build mental health resilience, through a greater awareness and understanding of how you can proactively help yourself and support the people around you.
Our workshops have been developed to cover a range of specific topics that may be affecting people who have been working in heath and care services throughout the pandemic. These may be staff working directly with patients or people affected by COVID, or may be those working in office based roles or support functions.
The effects of stress do not discriminate, and anyone’s emotional wellbeing and mental health can be affected by some of the extreme circumstances we have all been working in during the pandemic.
Our team includes NHS mental health professionals who have developed a suite of live and pre recorded workshops that are available for you to join either by yourself or with your team. Click on the relevant link below to find out more about the workshops available and how to book one.
Our live workshops cover the following topics:
- Stress and coping: understand what stress is, how is affects us and how to improve your resilience by reducing your stress response and using self-care skills
- Developing resilience through self-compassion: compassionate thinking can foster resilience and understanding in us and our teams
- Remote working: adjusting to new ways of working can be difficult, so we can help you to form healthy behaviours and maintain connections with your teams and colleagues
- Loneliness and disconnection: explore why we experience feelings of loneliness and how we can still create connections with others even when you can’t see them face to face
- Moral distress: we will cover what moral distress is, the potential causes and manifestations and how you can cope with it
- Loss, grief, and bereavement: we will discuss the difficulties faced when dealing with bereavement both at home and at work, and how we can cope with these feelings
- Self-care for leaders: dealing with stress and introducing self-care techniques for those in leadership roles
- Leading with compassion: communicating with your team compassionately and holding effective wellbeing conversations
- Sleeping Well: understanding sleep, the five stages of sleep, factors impacting quality of sleep and our wellbeing as well as practical strategies to improve the quality of sleep