Coping with challenges at work or outside of work, particularly when facing unfamiliar or highly challenging situations is not easy. Our live workshops offer a chance to share experiences, reflect, and learn in a safe environment with experienced, psychological practitioners.
The workshops are designed to help us understand how we use our emotions and experiences to cope in stressful situations. They also help us to understand why we respond in the way we do and the steps we can take to proactively help ourselves.
People find our live workshops helpful because they can explore topics in more detail and can feel less alone in dealing with many of the issues experienced’. The workshops are also an opportunity to ask questions and find out about further support. These workshops are open to anyone working in health and social care in Surrey and North East Hampshire.
Our workshops cover a range of topics. These include: stress and burnout, long Covid and your wellbeing, vicarious trauma, and loss, grief and bereavement. A full list of our workshops is provided below. To sign up for a workshop, simply click on a month below and complete the form for the workshop you would like to attend.
- Stress and coping: understand what stress is, how is affects us and how to improve your resilience by reducing your stress response and using self-care skills
- Developing resilience through self-compassion: compassionate thinking can foster resilience and understanding in us and our teams
- Remote working: adjusting to new ways of working can be difficult, so we can help you to form healthy behaviours and maintain connections with your teams and colleagues
- Loneliness and disconnection: explore why we experience feelings of loneliness and how we can still create connections with others even when you cannot see them face to face
- Moral distress: we will cover what moral distress is, the potential causes and manifestations and how you can cope with it
- Loss, grief, and bereavement: we will discuss the difficulties faced when dealing with bereavement both at home and at work, and how we can cope with these feelings
- Vicarious Trauma: we explore what is vicarious trauma and the impact on well-being, as well as providing strategies and resources for support
- Sleeping Well: this workshop covers sleep, how to develop healthy habits and make positive changes to improve your quality of sleep and well-being.
- Workshop for Leaders Part 1: Self-care for Leaders: dealing with stress and introducing self-care techniques for those in leadership roles
- Workshop for Leaders Part 2: Leading with Compassion: how to lead in a compassionate, collaborative, and inclusive way.