Grief and bereavement can affect everyone in different ways and if you are struggling emotionally and need support, there is help available.
- The NHS website has information on the symptoms and stages of grief, as well as advice and support.
- The NHS Bereavement Support Line is available on 0300 030 4434. Lines are open between 8am and 8pm, 7 days a week, to offer confidential support for loss experienced at work.
- The Cruse Bereavement Support Helpline is available on 0808 808 1677. Opening hours vary each day, but the lines are open 7 days a week, and they offer emotional support to anyone affected by grief. They also offer 1:1 support with trained bereavement supporters.
- The Good Grief Trust website provides information, advice and encouraging stories from others who have experienced bereavement.
- If you are registered with a GP in Surrey you can access Mind Matters, the local NHS Talking Therapy service. They offer 1:1 support for people experiencing mental health difficulties such as anxiety and depression, as well as a free 7-week counselling-based course on grief and loss.
- Cruse UK also offers support sessions in Surrey.
- The Brigitte Trust runs free, structured 8-week bereavement programmes run by a professional facilitator for anyone in Surrey struggling with their own grief and bereavement.
- The Surrey Support after Suicide service offers free support, including 1:1 support and peer support groups, to people 18+ in Surrey who are bereaved by suicide.
- The Healthy Surrey website provides more information on psychological support for you and your family.